The Municipal Judge will provide municipal court judge services in a comprehensive and time manner. The Municipal Court Judge will work with the court clerk and the prosecuting attorney to preside over the Municipal Court.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Issuance of subpoenas, search warrants, bench warrants, and warrants to enter property.
· Approve docketing, calendaring and case management policies and procedures
· Establish bond and fine schedules as set by the State of Colorado.
· Preside over Municipal Court for all misdemeanors, city matters, jury and non-jury trials, pre-trial conferences, and other cases appropriately tried in Municipal Court
· Support court activities with Municipal Court Clerk, City Attorney, and/or City Prosecutor.
· Review legislation and current case law affecting offenses and the criminal justice system and implement procedures to ensure compliance.
· Collaborate with the City Administrator, City Council and applicable city departments to ensure policies, ordinances and orders are within the parameter of state law.