Governor to appoint new Court of Appeals judges
The Supreme Court Nominating Commission has nominated nine candidates for three vacancies on the Colorado Court of Appeals. The vacancies were created by the retirements of the Hon. Robert D. Hawthorne, effective Feb. 13, 2020; the Hon. Daniel M. Taubman, effective Feb. 25, 2020; and the Hon. John R. Webb, effective Feb. 29, 2020.
The nominees were selected during a Nov. 20, 2019, meeting in Denver. They are Christina Gomez, Sueanna Johnson, Marcelo Kopcow, Marsha Piccone, Susan Prose, Timothy Schutz, Sarah Wallace, Marie Williams and David Yun.
Under the Colorado Constitution, the governor has 15 days from Nov. 21, 2019, within which to appoint three of the nominees as judges on the Colorado Court of Appeals.
Comments regarding any of the nominees may be sent via e-mail to the governor at email@example.com
Editor’s Note: Contact information for the nominees:
- Christina Gomez, 555 17th St., Ste. 3200, Denver, CO 80202, 303-295-8366
- Sueanna Johnson, 1300 Broadway, 8th Floor, Denver, CO 80203, 720-508-6155
- Marcelo Kopcow, 910 10th St., Greeley, CO 80632, 970-475-2665
- Marsha Piccone, 1225 17th St., Ste. 2200, Denver, CO 80202, 303-945-7418
- Susan Prose, 1801 California St., Ste. 1600, Denver, CO 80202, 303-454-0170
- Timothy Schutz, 270 S. Tejon, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, 719-452-5359
- Sarah Wallace, 1225 17th St., Ste. 2300, Denver, CO 80202, 303-299-7334
- Marie Williams, 14143 Denver West Pkwy., Ste. 100, Golden, CO 80401, 720-449-1195
- David Yun, 600 Grant St., Ste. 505, Denver, CO 80203, 303-866-9114