City of Manitou Springs
The City of Manitou Springs is looking for legal assistance to serve as the city Prosecutor. This is a contracted position and serves approximately 10 hours a month for the city.
The City Prosecutor provides the city with legal services in a comprehensive and timely manner. The City Prosecutor works with the Municipal Court Judge and other court officials to best serve the interests of the community.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Process, analyze, and present all information pertaining cases to the Municipal Court
- Interview witnesses or victims, evaluate police reports, and perform legal research to plan the prosecution of each case as needed.
- Provide coordination with additional attorneys, the police, Municipal Judge, court clerk, and other professionals if needed.
- Understand communities’ needs and the motivations to serve community interests, and economy of court resources, ensure best practices on advice and proceedings for defendants and city court officials.
- Understanding and willingness to use restorative justice
More details and apply here.