Goodspeed Merrill in south Denver is growing rapidly… and we are seeking an experienced Associate Attorney to grow with us and join our thriving Corporate Law practice. You will work with other Attorneys, Partners and Staff to develop close relationships with clients, establish legal needs, provide sound legal advice, help clients understand their options, and provide representation as necessary.
Corporate Associate Attorney candidates will have knowledge of and demonstrated experience in Corporate Services with strong fundamentals in general corporate matters including, corporate formation, corporate structuring, drafting and review of operating agreements, bylaws, shareholder agreements and other similar corporate documents, equity purchase and sale transactions, corporate governance, and contracts drafting & review.
The Corporate position will support a broad practice area, reviewing, drafting, and modifying a full range of documents and agreements used in the practice of Corporate law. Our ideal candidate will be adept at handling a wide array of transactions including asset sales, stock and real property transactions, finance, fund placements, and real estate transactions.
- Achieve positive outcomes and reviews from clients.
- Proportionately contribute to overall client satisfaction and firm revenue/profitability goals.
- Attain minimum billing hours (utilization) on a monthly and annual basis.
- Attain Effective Rate goals on a monthly and annual basis.
- 4 – 8 years practicing Law with experience handling a wide array of Corporate Law transactions.
- Specific experience in reviewing, drafting, and modifying a full range of documents and agreements relating to asset sales, stock and real property transactions, finance, fund placements, and real estate transactions.
- Sufficient experience to be comfortable planning and accomplishing goals with a certain degree of creativity and latitude, while performing a variety of tasks under the general supervision of the Partner or Senior Attorneys.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited university
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado
- The successful candidate will be familiar with standard legal concepts, practices, and procedures necessary to support a growing Firm.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent drafting skills coupled with strong analytical skill and the ability to formulate, consider, and evaluate potential solutions.
- Team player with a “no task too small” attitude.
- A strong vision for your future coupled with a desire to develop and build your own practice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team conducting research, preparing legal documents, and performing other duties to ensure clients receive the best and most cost-effective legal solutions.
- An attorney that is determined, professional, well informed, knowledgeable, attentive, and proactive.
- A motivated individual with a proven ability to develop effective relationships that lead to success for the Firm and specific practice area.
To work with G&M you should appreciate:
- A client first mindset and willingness to put in extra effort as client priorities dictate.
- A culture of high achievement while enjoying the work and the people you work with.
- Flexibility in how we operate, intended to accommodate a growing and dynamic law firm environment.
- Outstanding benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Colorado Bar dues and CLEs
- Reasonable billable/revenue requirements
- In-house mentoring program
- After a probationary period, this position may have limited work from home (WFH) options
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, with this position ranging from $105,000 to $145,000, plus a comprehensive and compelling bonus structure based on billable hour thresholds, origination of client matters, and collected revenue.
G|M is located in the Meridian International Business Center at Lincoln & I-25 with convenient commutes to all of the greater metropolitan Denver area. To apply, contact Jeff Colerick at email@example.com