Salary: $59,000-99,000 Annually
Working under the supervision of the Managing Attorney of CLS’ Colorado Springs Office, the attorney provides advice, brief services, and/or full representation to clients who have experienced domestic violence, most often in domestic relations matters. The attorney, along with co-workers, also conducts outreach and builds and maintains relationships with community partners and organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume an active caseload of domestic relations cases, including civil protection orders, dissolution of marriage actions, and allocation of parental responsibilities actions.
- Provide legal advice and high-quality representation in accordance with program priorities and CLS Casehandler Standards;
- Demonstrate patience, empathy, and common sense in all client communications, effectively managing client expectations;
- Conduct client and witness interviews, engage in case investigation, and prepare legal documents and pleadings;
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date records in case management systems;
- Consult and co-counsel with other CLS attorneys and paralegals, where appropriate;
- Effectively litigate on behalf of clients, negotiate in good faith, and ethically and diligently work on the client’s behalf;
- Develop relationships with client-eligible communities and local partner agencies, including providers of services to survivors of domestic violence;
- Attend program meetings, as assigned;
- Together with domestic violence advocates and CLS staff, develop strategies for providing appropriate training of domestic violence providers and attorneys; and
- Travel within the 4th judicial district, as appropriate.
Must be licensed to practice law in Colorado. Strong communication skills required for client interaction and outreach; English/Spanish bilingual ability preferred. Must have demonstrated time-management skills, the ability to reprioritize as needs shift, and basic proficiency in Office 365. Experience in domestic relations casework or working with vulnerable populations is preferred.
Benefits include PTO, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA and FSA accounts.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume with contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Colorado Springs DR Attorney" in the subject line.
PDF Position Description