The Supreme Court Nominating Commission invites qualified attorneys to apply for two Colorado Court of Appeals judicial vacancies created by the retirements of the Hon. Michael H. Berger and the Hon. David J. Richman. The vacancies will occur on Oct. 29, 2022, and Nov. 5, 2022, respectively. The Commission will meet on Aug. 30-31, 2022, to interview applicants and select nominees for appointment by the governor.
To be eligible for appointment to fill a vacancy, the applicant must be a qualified elector of the State of Colorado and must have been admitted to the practice of law in Colorado for five years. The annual salary for a court of appeals judge is currently $191,724. The initial term of office of a Court of Appeals judge is a provisional term of two years. Thereafter, the incumbent judge, if retained by the voters, has a term of eight years.
Application forms are available from the office of the ex-officio chair of the Nominating Commission, Chief Justice Brian D. Boatright, 2 E. 14th Ave., Denver, CO 80203; and the office of the court executive of any of the 22 judicial districts. Applications are also available on the court’s home page at: http://www.courts.state.co.us/Careers/Judge.cfm.
The completed application must be e-mailed to the address listed in the instructions below no later than 4 p.m. on Aug. 5, 2022. Late applications will not be considered. Any person wishing to suggest a candidate to fill the vacancy may do so by letter to be submitted to any member of the nominating commission, with a copy to the ex-officio chair, no later than 4 p.m. on July 29, 2022.
Applications will be kept confidential, except that the nominating commission shall disclose the names, work addresses, and work telephone numbers of the three nominees submitted to the governor.
The members of the Supreme Court Nominating Commission are: Katina Banks of Denver; Kimberly Jordan of Fort Collins; Peter Gould of Boulder; Linda Garcia of Pueblo; J. Martelle Daniels of Grand Junction; Deborah Suniga of Greeley; Stanton Dodge of Castle Rock; David McDivitt of Colorado Springs; C. Omar Montgomery of Aurora; Carolyn Fairless of Lakewood; Heather Lipp and Danielle Radovich Piper, both of Golden; Paul Wiggins of Peyton; Marco Chayet of Centennial; and Jerome DeHerrera of Westminster. The commission currently has two vacancies.
Editor’s Note: Contact information for the nominating commission members:
- Katina Banks, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberley Jordan, email@example.com
- Peter Gould, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Garcia, email@example.com
- J. Martelle Daniels, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah Suniga, email@example.com
- Stanton Dodge, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David McDivitt, email@example.com
- C. Omar Montgomery, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carolyn Fairless, email@example.com
- Heather Lipp, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielle Radovich Piper, email@example.com
- Paul Wiggins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marco Chayet, email@example.com
- Jerome DeHerrera, firstname.lastname@example.org
See official flyer here.