2019 Colorado Real Estate Commission Contract Changes
CLE: 1 General (expected)
Speaker: John Finger and Doug Barber
Establish scope of service: Many for sale by owner real estate clients think they just want a contract prepared, but may really expect that the attorney will guide them through the entire transaction. Clarify client expectations, as this significantly affects billing and duties. Are you:
* Just preparing a contract for a deal the parties have already negotiated?
* Negotiating for your party?
* Processing the contract to closing: Getting and delivering HOA and due diligence docs, arranging/managing inspections, and other experts (contractors, etc.)?
* Title commitment ordering and review?
* Review or preparation of closing documents and deeds?
If you are not a member of the EPCBA, please bring a $10 check payable to the El Paso County Bar Association to defray expenses.
The program, which is almost always an accredited CLE program, starts at 12:00 and ends by 1:00.
Sponsors & Partners
El Paso County Bar Association is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization.
Colorado, P.O. Box 429, Colorado Springs, CO 80901-0429