Are you representing yourself in your court case? Feel "alone" in the justice system? Questions about court procedures?
The Self Help Center is located in Room S101 of the El Paso County Combined Courts Clerk’s Office (270 S. Tejon St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903). TESSA offers advocacy assistance for protection orders in the Clerk's Office as well. For additional information about TESSA please visit their website.
The Self Help Center can assist in the following ways:
- Direct clients to paperwork available for use by pro se parties.
- Direct clients to community resources.
- Help improve the efficiency of the judicial system by properly directing pro se parties.
- Help improve the experience of clients who are navigating the legal system on their own.
- Assist in explaining and breaking down legal terms/jargon, etc.
The Self Help Center cannot assist with:
- Providing legal advice.
- Acting as attorneys.
- Filling out forms for clients or tell clients what exactly to write on the forms.
Visit the Self Help Center:
El Paso County Judicial Building
270 S. Tejon, Room 101
Colorado, Springs, CO 80903
Phone: (719) 452-5555/5556